Yo, did you read that? Spinach and artichoke dip? Need I say more? Yes, Please!
I’ve made this dip for parties and work potlucks and it’s one of the recipes people ask me for. When someone asks me for a recipe, it’s like winning the cooking lottery because it’s like you’ve done something right! *Insert dancing celebration*
What makes this dip stand out is that I always add more shredded cheese than what a typical recipe says. Always, always, always. Considering this added cheese, it’s important to have enough moisture so the dip isn’t one huge cheese cube in a crockpot. But, now that I’ve thought about that.. a large, warm cheese cube wouldn’t be too bad after a couple of drinks.
Let’s venture into dipping apparatuses. I would suggest crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips, or toasted baguettes. This is a hearty dip which means that your apparatus will have to be sturdy to scoop the dip adequately. Once scooped, the apparatus will have to maintain strength to make into the mouth. This is important to think about when deciding what to use.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 2 hours
What You Will Need:
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 9 cups of Fresh Spinach
- 14 ounce can of Artichokes
- 3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- Wilt spinach in a pan. If you have a non-stick pan and don’t need to use water to wilt you spinach to avoid burning, then you can skip the next step.
- Use cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel to remove excess liquid from spinach.
- Chop artichokes into smaller pieces and cube the cream cheese. Place into crockpot.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the crockpot.
- Set Crockpot on low for 2 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes or so to combine all the cheeses.
- Serve and Dobrou Chut’!