During my exploration of Keto-friendly soups, I came across this decadent soup.
When I was on my search for keto-friendly soups, this one popped up. (Check out my other soup that’s also Keto friendly). It’s luscious, savory, and cheese-filled. Sounds like the perfect combination.
There are not too many vegetables to chop, the sausage brings a lot of flavors, and I get to use my instant pot.
Yes! An instant pot! I love my instant pot. You can make anything in it… in an instant. It’s a great tool for the kitchen. In fact, if you buy an instant pot you don’t need a slow cooker because an instant pot has that function. One less appliance for your house.
Soups are wonderful because you can add whatever you have in the fridge.
In this case, I added green peppers because I needed to use the green pepper before it went bad. It did look like a soupy Christmas pageant. But, it added texture to the soup. You could also add spinach at the end if you wanted to throw in some more veg power.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 medium White Onion, diced
- 4 to 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 4 medium Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 of Parmesan
- Brown sausage in Instant Pot using the Saute setting.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic to Instant Pot and allow to cook down for 3 to 5 minutes until onion starts to become translucent.
- Turn off Saute setting.
- Add Roma tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning. Stir until combined.
- Using the manual pressure option, set the timer for 5 minutes and use the quick release once the 5 minutes are complete.
- Finally, add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and Dobrou Chut’!