One of my favorite soups is Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup. It’s a meal that I will make knowing that I’m planning on not cooking for three days. I will eat it for every meal. During my time with my cousins in Connecticut, we made this soup and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
I came home from Connecticut yesterday and I do have a head of cauliflower to use. I am considering making this soup just to have as a light snack during my time of social distancing.
Here are reasons why you’ll also want to make this soup:
- It’s Keto- Friendly.
- It’s EASY. It only has 7 ingredients.
- It’s filling. Cauliflower is very satiating. You won’t find yourself missing the potatoes.
- Loading it with Parmesan is still allowed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb of Sausage (We used mild but spicy would be good, too)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Onion, diced
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic
- 6 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups of Greens (Spinach, Kale, or Arugula)
- 1 Head of Cauliflower (Roughly 3-4 Cups)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Brown and crumble sausage in large pot or dutch oven.
- Add onion into sausage and allow to become translucent.
- Next, add garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add the Cauliflower bring to a boil again and cook until tender. About 15 minutes.
- Bring the temperature down to about medium-low and add the heavy cream.
- Add the greens and let it wilt.
- Allow everything to meld together by simmering soup for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan and Dobrou Chut’!
Help Me Make Some More Stock!
I would love any donations that could come my way to help me create more delicious recipes!