You need this soup in your life.
The creaminess factor is insane and the soup has so much flavor. It’ll be ready in ONE minute!
Literally. If you own an instant it takes one minute of cook time but if you don’t have one, you can still make this on the stovetop and it will be just as good.
I made some no-knead bread to go with this soup. I toasted up a thick slice and dipped it in the soup. It was amazing.
It’s important to note that in my version, I did not use matchstick carrots. During this time, my go-to grocery store is not carrying them. I used my small food processor to get small bite-sized pieces. You will know they’re small enough when they’re size is smaller than the broccoli. This BROCCOLI and cheese soup. The carrots are just a helpful friend in this case.
If you’re in a similar predicament but don’t have access to either of those options, you can always chop your carrots by hand.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 4 Cups of Broccoli (I used Frozen)
- 1 Cup of Chopped or Matchstick Carrots
- 1 Medium Sized Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup of Cold Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt (add as needed)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Dry Mustard
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Set Pressure Cooker to Saute. Melt the butter and cook the onion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. About a minute.
- Next, pour in the chicken broth, chopped carrots, and frozen broccoli as well as the paprika, dry mustard, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Then close the lid to the pressure cooker. Be sure your valve is placed on sealed. Select high pressure and set for one minute.
- When the one minute has ended, use the quick pressure release.
- Set the pressure cooker back to saute mode. Combine the cornstarch and the cold water. Stir together until well combined. Then pour it into the pressure cooker. Allow the soup to come to a boil and stir constantly until the soup has thickened.
- Turn off the saute mode. Let the soup completely stop boiling. Add cream cheese into soup. It’s recommended to chop into smaller pieces before adding it.
- Next, slowly add the cheddar cheese in small increments. Let the cheese completely melt before adding more cheese.
- Serve and Dobrou Chut’!